Sunday, February 9, 2014

Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

My suitemates and I have been really into healthy eating lately, so a couple days ago, we decided to make a healthy dessert...banana-oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! At first these sounded pretty gross, because to be honest, I'm much more of a traditional chocolate chip cookie kind of girl.  But my friend suggested we try them, so I thought, "why not?" She had all the ingredients, which were: bananas, oats, and chocolate chips.  It was so easy to make.  We mashed the bananas first, then slowly added the oats and chocolate chips.  My friend had made this recipe so many times that she didn't even need a recipe, or measuring cups! We just eyed the amounts, and it turned out great! We formed the "dough" into balls, and then baked them for about 15 minutes.  They turned out to be delicious, and you can barely even taste the banana! They are only 45 calories too! So I did not feel bad when I ate 3 cookies...So if you are ever in the mood for a healthy and sweet treat, these are perfect for you! 



Enjoy!

Helen 

No comments:

Post a Comment