Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Bountiful Brunch

I haven’t done a restaurant review in a while, so I decided it was time for another one. This past weekend my dad, grandpa and I wanted to go out to lunch, so we looked on Urbanspoon for the best lunch restaurants in St. Paul.  One of the first results was a place called Colossal Café, which had locations in both Minneapolis and St. Paul.  It had good reviews, so we decided to try it.  When we got there, we saw that it was a very small and hip café, where most of the customers were in their late 20s.  So we felt a bit out of place, but it didn’t matter.  Colossal Café is famous for their brunch, so we had come at just the right time.  They boast of their fresh ingredients, and all of their meals are made from scratch.  


The menu looked delicious, and contained plates such as: Apple, brie, and walnut “flapper” (a yeast-based pancake), stuffed omelets, and juicy frittatas.  I chose the “colossal breakfast”, which was 2 eggs, their homemade sourdough bread, and a beautifully arranged bowl of fruit.  Needless to say, it was scrumptious.  And I couldn’t resist sneaking a bite of my grandpa’s “flapper”, which was to die for.  Overall, it was a great experience, and the service was wonderful.  I would highly recommend this quaint little place for breakfast, lunch, or just a fresh cup of coffee. 



Enjoy!


Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment