Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sundays

Oh, how I love Sundays.  I'm writing this while watching last week's episode of Downton Abbey. What a crazy week this has been! We went through recruitment and rush for our sorority, and yesterday was bid day.  Very fun, but busy.  I will be glad to have a break!  But the main reason I love Sundays is because of church.  Going to church is such a great way to reflect on the past week, and spiritually prepare for the week ahead.  It's also a nice break, a full hour away from all the craziness, to just enjoy the presence of God.  That always starts my day off right.  Then I usually go to brunch with my friends, and eventually start homework. But since I'm not always motivated, I let myself watch an episode (or three) of one of my favorite shows, Gossip Girl, White Collar or Downton Abbey.  Because I deserve it, right?  Then a few hours later, I grab dinner, call my parents, and then start work.  There's something about Sundays, though, that just makes me feel refreshed.  Even if the past week/weekend have been busy, I still have this feeling of serenity, almost a calm before the storm, aka the week ahead. What I've learned though, is that attitude is the most important. When I have a positive attitude, I tend to work harder, focus more, and just enjoy life.  So I am going to be optimistic about this week, and it will be a great one!

xoxo

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment